Lyle L. Boll, Managing Director
Lyle L. Boll is a Risk Management Consultant with HTL Hospitality Advisors based in Las Vegas. He is an experienced corporate lawyer and real estate advisory professional who has been in the hospitality industry since 1992. He has broad experience in hotel and hospitality litigation management and hotel alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”). He has mediated litigation matters in a majority of the States within the United States. He has also served as an expert witness in hospitality litigation matters.
Before joining HTL Hospitality Advisors in 2010, Mr. Boll held senior executive posts and served as a member of senior management at Regal Hotels International/Richfield Hospitality Services, Millennium Hotels and Resorts, and Diamond Resorts International, including specifically Health, Safety and Security, Employee Benefits, Human Resources, Risk Management, and Business Development committees. He directly handled project due diligence for acquisition and disposition projects; operations and management analyses; project planning, construction, and design, including “green” hotel conversions; revisions and updating of policies and procedures; employee incentive and benefits programs; litigation management; intellectual property development and enforcement; and review and enforcement of insurance policies and coverages.
Mr. Boll has provided his services on projects throughout North America. Before focusing on the hospitality industry, he was in private practice in Denver for 12 years, developing expertise in commercial real estate development, corporate finance and banking, leasing, and litigation. He has broad experience in these areas, including corporate and project acquisitions and dispositions, project and enterprise finance, asset management, project development and land use, and management and franchise contract negotiations. He also has extensive experience in risk management and insurance, in labor and employment, and in construction and development projects.
Before joining HTL Hospitality Advisors, Mr. Boll successfully held senior management positions in the hotel industry. As Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Company Secretary for Millennium Hotels and Resorts and Regal Hotels International/Richfield Hospitality for over 15 years, he was responsible for acquisition and disposition of major hotel and hospitality assets, hospitality project development including land use and construction, group and individual hospitality property finance, management contracts, entity formation and dissolution, policies and procedures, employment policies and contracts, intellectual property, leasing and other commercial contract negotiations, and related litigation and dispute resolution in these areas.
- Sale of the U.S. Group of Regal Hotels International to Millennium & Copthorne Hotels
- Serial refinancings of the Regal Hotels and Millennium Hotels U.S. Groups
- Sale of the Plaza Hotel, New York
- Acquisition of the historic Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles
- Acquisition of the United Nations Plaza Hotel, New York
- Acquisition and renovation of the historic Knickerbocker Hotel, Chicago
- Acquisition and redevelopment of the Bostonian Hotel, Boston
- Refinancing of the Pebble Beach Company, Pebble Beach, and all related resorts and golf courses
- Leasing of office, retail, and restaurant space for Regal Hotels and Millennium Hotels throughout the United States
- Leasing of retail space for Diamond Resorts International throughout the United States
- Successful litigation of business interruption insurance claims related to 9-11 attacks for the Millennium Group’s Hilton Hotel, adjacent to the World Trade Center, New York
- Sale of Millennium Hotels’ portfolio of limited services hotels throughout the United States
- Creation of start-up “green” hotel development and management company, Denver
- Expert Witness: Hotel Lease Dispute, Minneapolis
- Expert Witness: Ground Lease Dispute, Phoenix
- Due diligence, governmental hearings, documentation, and risk assessment and management for proposed redevelopment of Hilton Hotel site, Sunnyvale, California, to mixed used hotel, retail, residential uses
- Due diligence and risk management for proposed acquisition of timeshare company assets throughout the United States
- Due diligence for proposed redevelopment of United Nations Plaza Hotel tower to residential uses
- Complete revisions to Millennium Hotels’ employee handbooks, policies and procedures, and standard contract forms.