A. Corey Limbach, Managing Director
Corey Limbach is a Hotel Consultant with HTL Hospitality Advisors. Mr. Limbach possesses consulting experience encompassing over 25 years in the hospitality industry. Throughout his career, Mr. Limbach has provided detailed market and financial analysis for numerous complex hospitality projects including condominium, fractional and timeshare developments. He has specialized in initial project planning and feasibility analysis for proposed new real estate developments including hotels, resorts, conference centers and mixed-use real estate projects.
During the course of his career in the hospitality industry, Mr. Limbach has worked on numerous international projects including consulting on master-planned resort developments in Tahiti, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and Mexico. While based in San Francisco throughout his career, he has analyzed markets throughout the country with assignments on the east coast from Maine to Florida and throughout the Midwest and west coast. He has worked on urban hotels in major metropolitan areas such as Manhattan, Philadelphia, and Chicago as well as rural and resort areas such as central Illinois and the island of Kauai.
In addition to providing consulting on hundreds of hotels, Mr. Limbach has provided market and financial analysis for recreational facilities including golf clubs, casinos, ski resorts, and spas. Further specialized consulting services have focused on market positioning, financial structuring and operations for real estate projects.
Mr. Limbach regularly provides assistance to financial institutions in their underwriting of hotel assets and portfolios. Underwriting duties include property inspections, market assessment, contract review, and financial analysis. He has worked on numerous large portfolio financing, with properties ranging from limited service hotels such as Hampton Inns and Courtyards by Marriott to full-service hotels such as Sofitels, Hiltons, and Marriotts. He has evaluated numerous major resorts such as the Pebble Beach Resort, Boca Raton Resort and Club, One and Only Palmilla, and Aspen Ski Company.
Mr. Limbach has provided litigation support for issues related to hotels and other hospitality-related real estate. Litigation support assignments have included financial analysis related to contractor liability cases, bankruptcy, and estate tax issues.
Mr. Limbach has been a valued advisor to public agencies such as cities, counties and redevelopment agencies with focus on the economic benefits of hospitality development entailing hotels, convention and conference centers.
Mr. Limbach received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California where he was graduated with honors. An advocate of sustainable building practices, he has a Certificate in Green Building from Sonoma State University. He is a licensed Real Estate Salesperson in California and has participated in both the sale of and financing for many hospitality properties. Mr. Limbach has been a featured speaker and guest lecturer on hotel real estate market and finance issues at numerous industry conferences and university programs respectively.
- Consulting experience encompassing over 25 years in the hospitality industry
- Market and financial analysis for recreational facilities including golf clubs, tennis, racquet and fitness clubs and spas
- Consultant to public agencies such as cities, counties and redevelopment agencies with focus on the economic benefits of hospitality development entailing hotels, conference and convention centers
- Sale and financing of hotels including both limited-service and full-service properties
- Valuation of real estate including hotels, resorts and related facilities
- Consulting services focused on market positioning, financial structuring and operations for real estate projects including condominium, fractional and timeshare developments
- International project consulting including resort developments in Tahiti, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia and Mexico
- Lecturer on hotel real estate market and finance issues
- B.A., University of California (Honors)
- Certificate in Green Building, California State University, Sonoma
- California Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Hotel/Resort Consulting Projects
- The Claremont Resort & Spa – Oakland, CA
- The Westin St. Francis, San Francisco, CA
- The Pebble Beach Resort – Pebble Beach, CA
- The Heathman Hotel – Portland, OR
- The Aspen Ski Company, Aspen, CO
- The Embarcadero Center, including Hyatt Regency and Park Hyatt, San Francisco, CA
Hotel/Resort Consulting Projects
- Ritz-Carlton Sarasota Hotel and Condominiums (proposed) – Sarasota, FL
- Carneros Inn, Napa, CA
- Bintan Beach International Resort, Bintan Island, Indonesia
- Punta Colorado Resort & Golf Course – La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- The Canyon Ranch – Tucson, AZ
- Silverado Resort & Country Club – Napa, CA
- Sonoma Mission Inn Resort & Spa – Sonoma, CA
- Holiday Inn Express – Tracy, CA
- Bacara Resort – Santa Barbara, CA
- Harvest Inn - St. Helena, CA
- The Arizona Biltmore Golf Course – Phoenix, AZ
- Club Donatello Timeshare Hotel - San Francisco, CA
- The Hotel InterContinental – San Francisco, CA
- Quality Inn - Petaluma, CA